Health beneﬁts Amla is an excellent source of Vitamin C, hence it helps to boost immunity, metabolism and prevents infections, including cold and cough. This Amla Squash is a cooling drink is useful in acid peptic disorders, constipation, anemia and eye strain.
Ingredients of Amla Squash
- Amla (Indian gooseberry) pulp – 1kg
- Candy sugar (Mishri ) – 2kg
- Rock salt – 10gm
- Roasted cumin seed powder – 10gm
- Black pepper powder – 5gm
- Black salt – 5gm
- Water – 1liter
Servings: 3 litres
3 times water to be added for serving, may adjust the quantity of water as per the required taste.
Method of preparation of Amla Squash
- Boil amla and de-seed. Keep it aside until cools and make pulp by grinding.
- In a large vessel, take sugar, and add equal quantity of water, heat it so that sugar dissolves completely. Sugar syrup should be made double or 2.5 times quantity of Alma Pulp.
- Take the pulp in a big vessel, slowly add sugar syrup and mix it well. When the pulp and syrup are properly mixed, take a little bit mixture in a small bowl to mix spices.
- Add roasted jeera powder, rock salt, black pepper and black Salt. Mix contents of both bowls well and keep it in glass jar.
- If you put in fridge than no need of preservatives otherwise add 0.75 gm Potassium metabisulﬁte (K.M.S.)/per kg.
Ref – TRADITIONAL FOOD RECIPES from AYUSH SYSTEMS of MEDICINE
Also Read : Panchakarma