समदोष: समाग्निश्च समधातु मलक्रिया:। प्रसन्नात्मेन्द्रियमना: स्वस्थ इत्यभिधीयते।।
Meaning: Balanced doshas, strong agni, balanced dhatus, detoxified body, is the eternal secret of health & happiness ‘Pancha’ ‘Karma’ The Five Therapies Panchakarma is an Ayurvedic set of five therapies that balance Doshas (the fundamental energies), strengthens Agni (digestive fire), detoxifies ama (toxins) and rejuvenates the entire body—the result—a sense of good health that promotes happiness.
Five Procedures are :
- Vamana : This is the process of Elimination of Dhosas by emesis. This is useful for all diseases arise from kapha dhosas.
Indications : In kapha type of disorders, Bronchitis, Sinusitis, Skin disease, Obesity, Edema, Astama etc.
- Virechana : The Dhosas are Eliminated by Intestine by giving purgation(loose motions). This is useful in diseases caused by Pitta doshas.
Indications : Jaundice, gulma (tumor), Allergic rashes, Ascities, Urdhva raktapitta, Urinary problems etc
- Nasya : The Nasal administration of medication is called Nasya. It may be in the form of medicated oil / ghee, swaras (juice), or powders. The nose is the doorway to the brain and hence this procedure is useful in various diseases of head and neck parts. It is also useful in convulsions, sinusitis, migrane, hairfall, Loss of memeroy, headache etc.
- Basti : Medicinal Enema by using medicated oil & herbal decoction.Basti is the most effective treatment in all vata disorders.Indications: Neurological disorder of whole body or part of a body, Hemiplegia, Paraplegia, Facial Paralysis, All gynaec disorders (dysmenorrhoea , Uterine fibroid, Polycystic Ovaries, breast Cyst,Infertility etc.), Constipation, Loss of body Strength, Stiffness in back & hips, Tremors, Discolouration and Obstruction in Urination, kidney stones, loss of sensation, worms, Fever, Fistula, Epilepsy & Fits, sciatica,Joint diseases, Arthritis, , Pain due to calculus, Gout, Vata dosha predominant diseases (vat vyadhi).
- Raktamokshan :These is the procedure to let the Blood flow out of the body along dhosas, many times blood get vitiated by the doshas in the cause for skin diseases.Indications:Allergies,Worm,Skin diseases, Erisepalus, Jaundice, Enlargement of spleen & liver, Headache, Diseases due to impurified blood & pittaj , Tumours & Glandular enlargement, Alcoholism, Drug addiction, Sufferring from Poison, Snake bite. Also to healthy persons as a Preventive.
How Does Shirodhara Work?
The infusion of oils or other liquids when poured onto the head and scalp produces a soothing and calming sensation on the muscles of the head, which in turn passes via the superficial peripheral nerves of the forehead to the brain.The divine Shirodhara therapy provides the greatest experience of relaxation and induces calming effects on the mind. The various herbal oils used in this treatment not only soothes, nourishes and pacifies the doshas but also extensively used for treating a myriad of health anomalies including stress, depression, insomnia, hypertension, migraine, etc. Visit Earthayurveda for this classical ayurvedic therapy, that not only increases spiritual awareness but also helps create a newfound connection to the inner soul..