Herbal Remedies For Constipation
Constipation is a most common medical complaint in a common people. It means your bowel movements are irregular often than normal or hard to pass. A person suffering from constipation can face symptoms like constant bloating, abdominal cramps, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, fatigue, mouth ulcers etc.
It is defined medically that constipation is as less than thrice stools per week and severe constipation as less than one stool per week. It generates several ailments. It might take a drastic turn and even prove fatal. Whenever and whoever experience such symptoms must be cautious and try for its cure immediately. There are some herbal remedies which can play the pivotal role to protect the sufferer from distress.
Constipation might be caused by
- Not enough fiber in your diet
- Lack of Fluids
- Lack of physical activity
- Abuse of laxatives
- Eating disorders
Here you can view some powerful and effective herbal remedies for constipation
These herbal remedies not only help you to treat it but also regularize your stools also. Some of them are:
1. Figs – Fig is one of the most high fiber sources which contains a bulk of roughage. You can eat the dried as well as in ripe form also. You can add this fruit with every meal to keep your stomach clean, fit. It helps to relieve constipation. You can use fig in many ways. This herbal remedy is far more effective.
- Boil about eight figs in water and let it cool down a bit.
- Strain them and drink this water before going to bed.
- Take five figs and soak them in water at night.
- Eat them next morning and drink water as well.
You can try this solution only on empty stomach. Follow these remedies. These will help to treat constipation and give you enough relief from its signs and symptoms.
2. Flax Seeds – Flax seed is one of the most common herbal remedies for constipation. Flax seed is a fine source of both fiber and omega 3 fatty acids. Besides it also contains rich in soluble fiber that helps to soften stools and reduces discomfort during bowel movements .You can consume flaxseeds in your cereal every morning. You can easily eat one handful of ground flax seed with a glass of lukewarm water early in the morning.
3. Raisins – Raisins are high in fiber. It contains tartaric acid, which acts as the great natural laxatives. It can help kick for your constipation. This herbal remedy is indeed effective for the sufferers and give them relieve to large extent.
- Take a full palm of raisins.
- Soaked in drinking water for whole night.
- Strain out the raisins from the water.
- Have them in the morning in empty stomach.
You follow this treatment for a month for cure constipation problem.
4. Lemon juice – Lemon is an effective remedy for curing of constipation problem. Lemon juice contains citric acid, which is very useful for our digestive system and largely helpful for flushing out toxins from our body, which generally pollute the body and affects its functioning. Squeeze the fresh lemon into a one glass of lukewarm water. Add honey or pinch of salt according to your need. Drink this lemon juice every morning on empty stomach to get rid of constipation. The regular consumption of this home remedy helps in keeping the bowels in order to maintain the easiness of the body.
5. Prunes – Prunes contain high fibers and natural laxative sorbitol in it. It can be helpful for you to soften stools. You can take one glass of prunes juice in the morning or night. It can also be eaten. Its effects help immensely to keep the bowels away from toxins and impurities which often infect the body parts. It helps effectively against the problem of constipation.
6. Fennel – Fennel is the most useful for curing constipation. It is helpful for, such as bloating, indigestion or irritated bowel. Consuming this home remedy helps a lot in regularizing the bowels’ functioning properly.
- Take a cup of fennel seeds and roasted dry.
- Grind, and sieve them.
- Keep this fennel powder in an airtight jar.
- Consume of this powder with warm water every morning or night.
It will help the bowel movement intact. You can chew its seeds after meals to prevent indigestion, bad breath, vomiting and constipation. This is a wonderful home remedy indeed.
7. Guava – Guava is quite rich in fiber and provides roughage to the diet. It obviously helps to accelerate the mucus formation in the anus and intestine. Cut the guava into small cubes and sprinkle salt on it. You can eat one or two guava a day as a home remedy and feel better from the distress of constipation.
8. Spinach – Spinach is great food for the entire digestive tract of a body. Drink raw spinach juice mixed with water every day or you can add your diet by cooking, soups and salads etc. Spinach contains fiber in large amount which helps to cleanse, renew and rebuild the intestinal tract. It is necessary to keep the intestinal tract sound to avoid the problem of constipation which is the origin of a number of diseases. One must avail this benefit from the natural sources.
Being away from the nature is one of the beginnings of the distress. We are self responsible for any ailment or distress. Constipation is one of them brewed from our laxity towards our health. This laxity leads us to its dire consequence which often proves fatal leaving no option. Why should we look anywhere else when the nature itself gifted us the various sources to lead a hassle-free life. It is quite obvious that to attain a sound life we would have to be alert and cautious. It is significant to be wise enough adopt better ways for a better life. One should not be beguiled with other keeping the nature at stake.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What are 3 signs of constipation?
1.Passing less than three stools per week.
2.Having knotty or hard stools.
3.Stressing to have defecations.
4.Feeling like there’s a blockage in your rectum that forestalls defecations.
5.Feeling like you can’t totally discharge the stool from your rectum.
How do I get my constipation out?
1.Work-out routinely. Moving your body will keep your insides moving, as well.
2.Change your bowel movements.
3.Actually look at your medicines.
5.Prebiotics and probiotics.
Should you eat when constipated?
2. Flax Seeds
4. Lemon juice
Do bananas help you poop?
Bananas are high in fiber
Fiber has for some time been professed to help forestall and alleviate obstruction. Dissolvable fiber absorbs water, assisting stools with remaining huge and delicate. This might assist with working on the development of stool through your gastrointestinal system.
What are the major causes of constipation?
some of the most common causes of constipation include the following:
1.Prescriptions. i.e. Medications.
2.Absence of activity.
4.Insufficient fiber in the eating routine.
6.Disregarding the desire to have a defecation.
7.Changes in habits or lifestyle, such as travel, pregnancy, and old age.
8.Issues with gastrointestinal capability.